1. You get a little more bang for your buck. In an existing home you have to consider all of the costs.. ceiling fans, door knobs and even doors!! In a new build this is all an expense you have to take into consideration.
2. You know what the neighborhood is like. In a new build most times the neighborhood is just starting and you will have to visualize what the neighborhood will become.
3. Mature trees and landscaping. In a new build you will be starting from scratch.
4. Character… Many older homes were built with so much unique character.
5. No waiting! With buying an existing home once the paperwork is signed you are free to move in. With a new home there is so much waiting and planning..
1. A modern, functional floor plan. With a new build you get to decide the floor plan that suits your family and needs.
2. Get exactly what you want without making too many sacrifices. You get to choose what is most important to you.
3. A brand new neighborhood. You can grow and create lasting friendships with your new neighbors..
4. Everything is brand new. In a new build you are not going to have to spend money fixing a system put in place 20 years ago.
5. You get more for your money. This being said is only if you play it smart with your finishes and you can usually get little more sq footage out of the deal.
A lot of my pros may be your cons and vice versa. That is why it is such a personal and difficult decision, and no one will have the same opinions. You just have to make the best decision for your family and lifestyle.